The Indiana Municipal Power Agency (IMPA) issued a $5 million LED streetlight replacement Request for Proposals (RFP) on July 30, 2010. The RFP states that approximately 7,138 existing high pressure sodium, mercury vapor, and metal halide cobra head style fixtures will be replaced using the funds. The project will be implemented among nineteen IMPA member communities.
Published in the RFP are key minimum requirements and technical specifications for the LED streetlight fixtures, some of which include:
– a list of utilities and municipalities currently using or testing the proposed fixture
– a demonstration of the commercial availability of the fixture
– availability of IESNA LM-79 test reports
– a correlated color temperature of 4,300 degrees K ±300, &
– light output with a minimum color rendering index of 70
All bids should be submitted electronically by August 13, 2010, with paper copies to follow by August 16, 2010. The project will be awarded on September 7, 2010, and the anticipated start date of the deployment is September 20, 2010. The project completion date is projected to be December 15, 2010.
Interested bidders may obtain the complete bid document in pdf format from Susan Reed, IMPA manager for member services, by emailing email@example.com.